Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The Good, The Bad

Nothing gets me motivated to lose weight and control my cholesterol like the words "Heart Attack and Stroke Prevention Clinic." Since my cardiologist referred me to said clinic, I’ve worked out for an hour each morning and reduced my general garbage intake.

I received some great news at yesterday' HASP Clinic follow up. Without getting too technical, I am successfully kicking my cholesterol's ass. The big numbers I'm watching are Total Cholesterol, HDL (good cholesterol) and LDL (bad cholesterol). I started this process with a Total/ HDL/ LDL lineup of 254/ 36/ 179. I should be at <200/>40/ <160 to be called healthy, so I was clearly out of whack. Especially compared to the latest results: 159/ 35/ 103. I'm rocking the bad cholesterol, but still need to get that good cholesterol up, meaning more nuts, fish, and olives. Darn, that'll be tough. The other perk is I've dropped about 25 pounds since this started, which means I need new clothes. Again, darn.

However, this morning did not include my usual workout. Why? I needed an extra hour of sleep after the marathon Dell tech support session ended at 1:30. And my computer network is still not fixed. I gotta cut Windows Vista some slack, though. After an exhaustive session of troubleshooting (following a couple hours of just trying to speak to someone knowledgeable, but we don't need to talk about that), we finally realized that I had my VoIP box installed in the wrong place on the modem/ router/ computer chain. Suffice to say, that confused the network gremlins, hence my problems. So, the different computers now acknowledge each other on the network, but they won't share. I've got another session scheduled for tonight, one that will hopefully end before Thursday. If this works, I might even start singing Vista's praises. Right now though, this is what the tech support world calls PEBKAC: Problem Exists Between Keyboard and Chair.

No comments: