Friday, March 23, 2007

Happy Days

Now I understand what's been going on over the couple months. I've been taking the bitter pill in the morning. No wonder they were so hard to swallow!

I'm turning over a new leaf, so to speak. I'm focusing more on the positive in my day to day and overall it seems to be working. My new attitude definitely has something to do with getting over the hump of recent tech tribulations. It's also why I've had the sudden spurt of blogging. (I was going to be all clever and say "blogasm," but then I Googled it and discovered I'm not the first kid on the block to think that one up. Rats.) Getting a podcast out finally was great fun, and more are coming. I mixed one down last night, in fact. Now I just gotta post it.

On the topic of goodness, have I mentioned my new library yet? Yes, as a Seattle denizen I consider the library to be mine, in part, and I'm doggone proud of the one I call home now. Well, home library that is. You know what I mean. I'm not living in the library. Anyway...

I used to frequent the King County Library nearest my house, but recently Seattle residents were prohibited from placing holds at KC libraries. Happily, the Seattle Public Library just reopened a branch a mile away from home. Up until this month I had never used the SPL, but I gotta tell you, as libraries go, it rules. My biggest fave is that it's totally self-serve. You pick your own holds off the Holds Shelf and check yourself out. You don't even have to scan what you're checking out, you just pile them up on a reader pad and the computer tells you what you got. RFID chips! It's like magic, and totally caters to my anthropophobia.

The upside/ downside of this for me is that opening a user-friendly and convenient library with a good selection of CDs and DVDs is like putting a free heroin bar smack dab in the middle of Junkietown. I've been copying listening to such a quantity of new music that I'm going to run out of room on my iPod money legally purchasing the albums I enjoyed. Dangerous, dangerous stuff.

BTW, don't think that this means I'll be any less cranky. I'll just be more cheerful about it.

No comments: