Monday, November 20, 2006

Q-SPAM

Periodically I get random text messages from some guy called "Q" with little nuggets like this:

Yep its goin down. Wrappin up the video shoot tomorrow:noon:chocolate city on madison n seattle. Holla at cha guy

I'm unsure if this guy is under the impression that my cell phone number is that of one of his buddies, or if this is some form of really ineffective spam. Should I care that the video shoot's wrappin (sic) up tomorrow at noon? Video shoot for whom? Are those directions to Chocolate City?Do you need me there, Q, or is this just FYI?

Prior to the show there's a industry netwoking event @ 9. you'll wannabe there 4 it. if ur down let me know by thurs. Night.

I was half tempted (read as: not remotely interested) to go check it out. I've never been to a "netwoking" event before. Sounds tasty. Nah, thanks Q, I've got stuff to do at home.

Later messages became more specific, with addresses and lots of "holla"s and "u"s and "b"s used in place of the more complex "you" and "be." I also got two "Happy New Years" greetings, which made my heart warm with the kind thoughts.

The guy's number comes along with the messages, so I could just text him back and let him know he's got the wrong guy. But I sorta like the messages. It's like a watching a little soap opera. A little, very uninteresting but somehow entertaining soap opera. What will happen next?

No comments: